Joshua Chandra is an award-winning concert artist who’s performed with seven symphony orchestras to date, across five countries worldwide. He’s worked with world-class choral & orchestral conductors in rehearsals and performances, ranging from the Pacific Chorale’s Dr. Robert Istad to Cal State Fullerton’s Dr. Christopher Peterson and Kimo Furumoto, Dr. Elvin Rodríguez of La Sierra University, Dr. John St. Marie of Nicholls State University, and John Mario Di Costanzo of the Temecula Valley Symphony.
As a self-taught composer with no formal training in music composition, Josh received First Place for his intense solo-piano work An American Toccata in the 2018 statewide Composers Today contest of the Music Teachers National Association of California (MTAC). He also writes electronic music and pedagogical pieces.
Josh sings, conducts, and plays all sorts of keyboards, ranging from the piano to the organ, harpsichord, celesta, and synthesizers. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Piano Performance from CSU Fullerton and is in demand throughout Southern California as an accompanist, coach, performer, and piano tuner. Josh also specializes in meticulously clean music notation, and takes requests for music arrangements/engravings, as well as commissions for original music. Outside of music, he is IT Support-certified by Google and enjoys beta-testing indie games.
- Creating accompaniment tracks/videos, live or electronically (such as backing tracks with metronome beats, drones, etc. for virtual choirs)
- Transcribing/arranging sheet music (Sibelius)
- Accompanying, improvising, & making live recordings (on all keyboards, including organ, harpsichord, and celesta)
- Audio- & video-editing
- Teaching the fundamentals of Cakewalk, a Windows DAW/music production software
- Singing/recording vocals as a Tenor 2
- Vocal-coaching & piano-teaching
(714) 900-2426 (texts only)
Videos (YouTube channel)
Please contact me above for music requests, at potentially no charge!